UI flow outputs not working
This article provides steps to solve the issue that UI flow outputs not working issue.
Applies to: Power Automate
Original KB number: 4555745
Output is not successfully captured from the field that was selected.
Check Known issues and solutions.
- Make sure that the output text is in a readable field.
- Make sure there is not an extra click action between selecting the recorder and selecting the field.
- If it does happen, you can identify and delete the extra step in the recorder later. For more information, see Edit Windows recorder (V1) flows.
Select the field you intend to get the output from. A blue highlight will appear around it indicating focus.
Select the Use Output option and follow the prompt.
The popup should have all the text in the scope of the field that was selected.
If the output is empty, make sure that the field is read-enabled:
- Stop the recording
- Select the output field.
- Press Ctrl+A to select the text in the output field.
- Press Ctrl+C to select the text in the output field.
- Paste the text by pressing Ctrl+V.
- If you are not able to see any text here, the field cannot be used to read text using Use Output.
Getting started: Use inputs and outputs in Windows recorder (V1) flows.