A scheduling conflict was found when saving appointment [appointment subject] from Exchange to Microsoft Dynamics 365
This article helps you resolve the problem that occurs when you save appointment [appointment subject] from Exchange to Microsoft Dynamics 365.
Applies to: Microsoft Dynamics 365
Original KB number: 4340070
When viewing the Alerts for a Mailbox record in Dynamics 365, you see the following error alert:
A scheduling conflict was found when saving appointment [appointment subject] from Exchange to Microsoft Dynamics 365 because [user] is unavailable at this time. Do you want to ignore the conflict and save anyway?
Email Server Error Code: ExchangeSyncSchedulingConflictsError
If you are viewing the Server-Side Synchronization Failures dashboard, you may see an appointment in the Appointments, Contacts, and Tasks Failed To Sync section with a Sync Error value of
This error is logged if you track an Outlook appointment in Dynamics 365 but Server-Side Synchronization detects a scheduling conflict with another appointment you have at the same time.
To fix this issue, follow these steps:
- Within the Dynamics 365 web application, navigate to Settings and click Email Configuration.
- Click Mailboxes.
- Open your mailbox record.
- Click the Alerts section on the left side of the form.
- Locate the alert mentioned in the Symptoms section of this article.
- Move your mouse over the alert and you should see options for Yes or No.
- If you want the appointment to be created in Dynamics 365, click Yes.
- The next time Server-Side Synchronization processes your mailbox, the appointment should be created in Dynamics 365. This may take up to 15 minutes.