Microsoft 365 and Office 365 service descriptions
Microsoft 365 and Office 365 are cloud-based services designed to help meet your organization's needs for robust security, reliability, and user productivity. The articles in this library provide detailed descriptions of the services and features that are available with Microsoft 365 and Office 365.
For detailed plan information on subscriptions that enable users for Microsoft 365 and Office 365 see the Microsoft 365 Enterprise full subscription comparison table. For detailed plan information on subscriptions that enable users for Microsoft 365 business basic, standard, and premium, go to the Microsoft 365 Business Plan comparison table. For detailed plan information on subscriptions that enable users for the Microsoft 365 Education, go to the Microsoft 365 Education comparison table.
To compare features across plans, see the enterprise plan comparison or the relevant service description in the list below.
To get started, see the following service descriptions:
- Microsoft 365 Copilot service description
- Microsoft 365 and Office 365 platform service description1
- Microsoft 365 Small and Medium-sized Businesses
- Microsoft Entra ID service description
- Exchange Online service description
- Exchange Online Protection service description
- Exchange Online Archiving service description
- Microsoft 365 guidance for security & compliance
- Microsoft Bookings service description
- Microsoft Defender for Office 365 service description
- Microsoft Forms service description
- Microsoft Planner service description
- Microsoft Priva service description
- Microsoft Project service description
- Microsoft Project for the web service description
- Microsoft Project Online desktop client service description
- Microsoft Project Online service description
- Microsoft Purview Audit service description
- Microsoft Purview eDiscovery service description
- Microsoft Sway service description
- Microsoft Teams service description
- Microsoft Viva service description
- MyAnalytics service description
- Office applications service description
- Office for the web service description
- Office 365 US Government Service Descriptions
- OneDrive service description
- Power BI service description
- SharePoint service description
- SharePoint Syntex service description
- Skype for Business Online service description
- Visio for the web service description
- Universal Print service description
- Windows 365 service description
- Workplace Analytics service description
1 Includes availability of Microsoft 365 suite features, such as Office Delve, Microsoft Power Automate, Microsoft Graph API, Microsoft Lists, Microsoft Power Apps, Microsoft Stream and Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise.
For support articles and information, see Office Help & Training, and Office documentation for admins and IT professionals.
Microsoft offers the FastTrack Center Benefit for Microsoft 365 designed to help you deploy Microsoft 365 and Office 365 services (for eligible subscriptions). You can use FastTrack services with a new or existing qualifying subscription. The benefit lets you work remotely with Microsoft 365 specialists to get your environment set up. For more information, see the FastTrack Center Benefit.
If you're looking for the service description comparison spreadsheet, it's been retired. The product feature availability tables on each service description page have been updated to better help you choose the version of Office 365 that suits your needs.
© 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Microsoft, Office 365, and other product and service names are or may be registered trademarks and/or trademarks in the U.S. and/or other countries. The information provided herein is for informational purposes only and represents the current view of Microsoft Corporation as of the latest publication or revision date of this document. It is not intended to be a service contract, and does not commit Microsoft or the customer to any features, capabilities, or responsibilities mentioned herein. MICROSOFT MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, AS TO THE INFORMATION IN THIS DOCUMENT.