Use Premium add-ons capabilities with Intune
Microsoft Endpoint Manager now offers Premium add-ons. You can find premium add-ons in Intune under Tenant administration > Premium add-ons. The Summary blade shows all premium add-ons that have been released, a short description, and the status of the add-on. You can view the status of each add-on as either Active or Available for trial or purchase.
Licenses for the Premium add-ons can be added for an additional cost to the licensing options that include Microsoft Endpoint Manager or Intune.
Premium add-ons are currently not supported in Sovereign clouds.
What add-ons capabilities are available
The following Premium add-ons are available:
What happens when you try/buy the Premium add-ons capability
Global and Billing administrators can choose to start free trials or purchase licenses for Premium add-ons through the Microsoft 365 admin center.
Starting a free trial gives you a 90-day period to use the Premium add-on capability without any charge. Trials can be up to 250 users per tenant. At the end of the trial period, there's a 30-day grace period. After this point, you'll be unable to use the Premium add-on capability in Endpoint Manager for users within your tenant unless you've purchased the appropriate licenses. There's a one-time limit to start a trial for each tenant.
Purchasing licenses lets you use the Premium add-on capability in your tenant for the duration in which the licenses are active on your tenant based on the option selected during the Billing process.
How to try or buy the premium add-ons capability
Premium add-on capabilities are disabled in Microsoft Endpoint Manager admin center unless you are in the free trial period or have purchased licenses. Global and Billing administrators can choose to start a free trial or purchase licenses for Premium add-ons through the Microsoft 365 admin center.
Administrators who aren't Global or Billing administrators can still see the status of their tenant's Premium add-ons trial or active licenses in the centralized Premium add-on page in Endpoint Manager (but can't start a free trial or purchase licenses).
How to start a trial through the Microsoft 365 admin center
- Navigate to Tenant administration > Premium add-ons as a Global or Billing administrator.
- Find the Premium add-on to start a trial. For add-ons that say Available for trial or purchase in their status, you don't have a free trial started or any licenses purchased for those add-ons.
- Click View details and see the details.
- Click the To try or buy, go to Purchase services link to navigate to the Microsoft 365 Admin Center. A new tab opens on the Product details page for the relevant Premium add-on.
- In the Microsoft 365 Admin Center, follow the prompts to Start free trial and confirm your order.
- Navigate to Tenant administration > Premium add-ons and see that the Premium add-on capability you added is now Active.
How to purchase premium add-ons
Licenses for Premium add-ons can be purchased just as you would purchase Intune licenses through the following ways:
- web direct purchase in the Microsoft 365 Admin Center
- Microsoft Volume License Servicing Center (VLSC)
- existing relationships with Microsoft partners/resellers
After you buy licenses via any source, the licenses are available in your Tenant and the status of the Premium add-ons capability will update accordingly.
How to assign licenses
For information on how to assign licenses in Microsoft Endpoint Manager admin center, see Assign Microsoft Intune licenses
Monitor license use
Each of the Premium add-ons might have their own requirements for how many licenses need to be purchased.
Learn about Remote Help.