Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online outbound phone calls default to Lync instead of Skype
This article provides a resolution for the issue that Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online outbound phone calls default to Lync instead of Skype.
Applies to: Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online
Original KB number: 2800946
When selecting a phone number attribute that is valid for Skype integration, such as the out-of-the-box Mobile Phone field on the Contact entity, Lync attempts to dial the call instead of Skype.
This issue can occur if Lync is installed after Skype, as this sets the default
CALLTO protocol program to the last installed telephony provider. The issue can also occur if the default
CALLTO protocol handler has been manually changed in the Control Panel.
Change the default program for the
CALLTO: protocol from Lync to Skype.
- Access the Start Menu and select Control Panel.
- In the View by: field, under Category, select Large Icons.
- Select the Default Programs applet.
- Select Set your default programs.
- Select Skype from the list and then select Choose defaults for this program.
- Select the
CALLTOprotocol in the list and select Save.
- Select Ok.