How to correct negative FMLA hours in Microsoft Dynamics GP
This article describes how to correct negative FMLA hours in Microsoft Dynamics GP and in Microsoft Business Solutions - Great Plains.
Applies to: Microsoft Dynamics GP
Original KB number: 866170
If an employee has negative FMLA hours and you verified the employee hasn't taken more than the maximum allowed hours for leave, you can resolve the issue by verifying your FMLA Calendar is set up to include only the desired days. You have the option to set up the Company-wide Down Day settings in the FMLA Calendar. If the setting is None, all calendar days count toward FMLA leave. If the date range for the employee's leave doesn't consider Saturdays or Sundays but they're counted anyway because of calendar settings, the employee's FMLA hours that are available become negative.
To change the Company-wide Down Day settings for the FMLA Calendar, follow these steps:
- Open the FMLA Calendar window by using one of the following methods:
- In Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0, point to Tools on the Microsoft Dynamics GP menu, point to Setup > Human Resources > Benefits and Deductions, and then click Benefit Preferences.
- In Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0 or in Microsoft Business Solutions - Great Plains 8.0, point to Setup on the Tools menu, point to Human Resources > Benefits and Deductions, and then click Benefit Preferences.
- In the Benefit Preferences window, click FMLA Calendar.
- In the FMLA Calendar window, under Company-wide Down Day, select Sundays Only if you want only Sundays not to count toward FMLA leave, or select Saturdays and Sundays if you want neither Saturdays nor Sundays to count toward FMLA leave.