"Could not run file trigger script" error when you delete or post a transaction that has an Extender window associated with the transaction
This article provides a resolution for the issue that you can't delete or post a transaction that has an Extender window associated with the transaction.
Applies to: Microsoft Dynamics GP
Original KB number: 2508025
If you have an Extender window linked to a transaction window and you delete the transaction or post the transaction, you receive the following error message in Microsoft Dynamics GP:
Unhandled script exception:
Invalid data for string operation: 26.
Could not run file trigger script.
This issue occurs because there is a Work table link that is linked to the Extender Window. We do not recommended that you use Work tables with an Extender Table Link because if the transaction is posted, the Extender data will be deleted.
To resolve these errors, go into Microsoft Dynamics GP and follow these steps.
- Select Tools, select Extender, and then select Extender.
- In the Extender Object area, select Window, and then select the Extender window in which is linked to your transaction window that you are receiving the error.
- In the Extender Window, select the Options menu.
- Select Table Links.
- In the Table Links window, select the work table in the Table Links section.
- Select the Remove Selected Table Link icon, the - icon.
- Select Delete to remove the Table Link.
- Select Save in the Extender Windows.
- Exit Microsoft Dynamics GP and start back into Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Delete your transaction.
If you still receive the Could not run file trigger script, check the EXT44200 and EXT44300 tables for your Extender Window ID. Run the following SQL script (Replace XXX with your Extender Window ID) to verify that your Extender Window does not exist in the tables:
select * from EXT44200 where Extender_ID = 'XXX' select * from EXT44300 where Extender_ID = 'XXX'