Defender for Endpoint onboarding Windows Client
- Microsoft Defender for Endpoint Plan 1
- Microsoft Defender for Endpoint Plan 2
- Microsoft 365 Defender
- Endpoint data loss prevention (DLP)
- Insider risk management
Want to experience Defender for Endpoint? Sign up for a free trial.
You'll need to go through onboarding steps of the Defender for Endpoint portal to onboard any of the supported devices. Depending on the device, you'll be guided with appropriate steps and provided management and deployment tool options suitable for the device.
Devices in your organization must be configured so that the Defender for Endpoint service can get sensor data from them. There are various methods and deployment tools that you can use to configure the devices in your organization.
In general, you'll identify the client you're onboarding, then follow the corresponding tool appropriate to the device or your environment.
Repackaging the Defender for Endpoint installation package is not a supported scenario. Doing so can negatively impact the integrity of the product and lead to adverse results, including but not limited to triggering tampering alerts and updates failing to apply.
- Onboard Windows devices using Microsoft Intune
- Onboard Windows devices using Group Policy
- Onboard Windows devices using a local script
- Onboard non-persistent virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) devices
Do you want to learn more? Engage with the Microsoft Security community in our Tech Community: Microsoft Defender for Endpoint Tech Community.