"Failed to decrypt protected XML node" error in SQL Server Agent Job History event log when you use Microsoft BIO with Microsoft Dynamics SL
This article provides a solution to an error that occurs in the SQL Server Agent's job history event log when schedule a Microsoft SQL job to process the BIO cubes.
Applies to: Microsoft Dynamics SL
Original KB number: 2567458
When you schedule a Microsoft SQL job to process the BIO cubes, you receive the following error message in the SQL Server Agent's job history event log:
Description: Failed to decrypt protected XML node
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Open SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio.
- On the File menu, select New Project, and then select Integration Services Project.
- Right-click SSIS Packages, and then select Add Existing Package.
- Select the Cube processing package to add in the SSIS Package window.
- In the upper-right corner of Visual Studio, double-click the package in Solution Explorer.
- Edit the BIO_SQL connection in the Connection Manager window and select the Windows Authentication option.
- On the File menu, select Save <PackageName> As on the SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio toolbar, and then save the package to your desktop.
- Sign in to Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, and then right-click the MSDB folder under the SSIS instance.
- Select Import Package, and then select the package that you saved to your desktop.
- When you're prompted, overwrite the existing package.