Error when you print EFT checks in the Payables Management module in Microsoft Dynamics GP: "Please set up security for the alternate check form to print EFTs with checks"
This article helps fix an issue where you can't print Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) checks in Payables Management.
Applies to: Microsoft Dynamics GP
Original KB number: 850765
When you print EFT checks in Payables Management in Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0 or in Microsoft Business Solutions - Great Plains 8.0, you receive the following error message:
Please set up security for the alternate check form to print EFTs with checks.
This issue occurs when security is incorrectly set up for the alternate report of EFT for Payables Management.
To resolve this issue in Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0 or in Microsoft Business Solutions - Great Plains 8.0, follow these steps:
- On the Tools menu, point to Setup, and then click Security to open the Security Setup window.
If you're prompted to use advanced security, click No.
- Set the values for the fields in the Security Setup window as follows:
- User ID: User ID that you want
- Company: Company that you want
- Product: EFT for Payables Management
- Type: Reports
- Series: Purchasing
- Click Mark All > OK.
- Print an EFT check to test the solution.