Testing environment for Azure Firewall Premium
This template deploys a complete testing environment for Azure Firewall Premium enabled with IDPS, TLS Inspection, URL Filtering and Web Categories:
- The template deploys a new Azure Firewall Premium and Firewall Policy with predefined settings to allow easy validation of its core capabilities (IDPS, TLS Inspection, URL Filtering and Web Categories)
- The template deploys all dependencies including Key Vault and a Managed Identity. In a production environment these resources may already be created and not needed in the same template.
- The template generates self signed Root CA and deploys it on the generated Key Vault
- The template generates a derived Intermediate CA and deploys it on a Windows testing machine (WorkerVM)
- A Bastion Host (BastionHost) is also deployed and can be used to connect to the Windows testing machine (WorkerVM)
- Firewall Policy is pre-configured with TLS inspection and IDPS enabled. You can test it via the following URLs
Azure Firewall is a managed cloud-based network security service that protects your Azure Virtual Network resources. It is a fully stateful firewall as a service with built-in high availability and unrestricted cloud scalability. You can centrally create, enforce, and log application and network connectivity policies across subscriptions and virtual network. Azure Firewall uses a static public IP address for your virtual network resources allowing outside firewalls to identify traffic originating from your virtual network.
Learn more at https://docs.microsoft.com/azure/firewall.
Tags: Microsoft.Resources/deploymentScripts, Microsoft.ManagedIdentity/userAssignedIdentities, Microsoft.KeyVault/vaults, Microsoft.KeyVault/vaults/secrets, Microsoft.Network/routeTables, Microsoft.Network/virtualNetworks, Microsoft.Network/networkInterfaces, Microsoft.Compute/virtualMachines, Microsoft.Compute/virtualMachines/extensions, CustomScriptExtension, Microsoft.Network/publicIpAddresses, Microsoft.Network/bastionHosts, Microsoft.Network/firewallPolicies, UserAssigned, Microsoft.Network/firewallPolicies/ruleCollectionGroups, Allow, Deny, Microsoft.Network/azureFirewalls