As a candidate for this exam, you’re responsible for participating in all phases of development, including requirements gathering, design, development, deployment, security, maintenance, performance tuning, and monitoring.
You should be proficient in Azure:
- Data storage options
- Data connections
- App authentication and authorization
- Compute and container deployment
To implement solutions, you partner with:
- Cloud solution architects
- Infrastructure admins
- Other stakeholders
As a candidate, you should have at least two years of professional development experience and experience with Azure. You should be:
- Able to program in an Azure-supported language.
- Proficient using Azure CLI, Azure PowerShell, and other tools.
You may be eligible for ACE college credit if you pass this certification exam. See ACE college credit for certification exams for details.
The English language version of this exam will be updated on October 18, 2023. Review the study guide linked in the “Tip” box for details on upcoming changes. If a localized version of this exam is available, it will be updated approximately eight weeks after this date. While Microsoft makes every effort to update localized versions as noted, there may be times when the localized versions of this exam are not updated on this schedule.
Passing score: 700. Learn more about exam scores.
Part of the requirements for: Microsoft Certified: Azure Developer Associate
Related exams: noneGo to Learn Profile
- The English language version of this exam will be updated on October 18, 2023. Review the study guide linked in the preceding “Tip” box for details about the skills measured and upcoming changes.
- Develop Azure compute solutions (25–30%)
- Develop for Azure storage (15–20%)
- Implement Azure security (20–25%)
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and optimize Azure solutions (15–20%)
- Connect to and consume Azure services and third-party services (15–20%)
Two ways to prepare
As an Azure developer, you design, build, test, and maintain cloud applications and services.
Explore steps to get certified as an Azure Developer Associate and the resources available to help you prepare.
Explore all certifications in a concise training and certifications guide.
Check out an overview of fundamentals, role-based and specialty certifications.
Boost your odds of success with this great offer.
Get help through Microsoft Certification support forums. A forum moderator will respond in one business day, Monday-Friday.
Review and manage your scheduled appointments, certificates, and transcripts.
Learn more about requesting an accommodation for your exam.
Review the exam policies and frequently asked questions.