Modern search for all users in model-driven apps
This content is archived and is not being updated. For the latest documentation, go to What's new in Power Apps?. For the latest release plans, go to Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform release plans.
|Enabled for||Public preview||Early access||General availability|
|Users, automatically||-||Jul 29, 2021||Oct 1, 2021|
This capability introduces a modern global search experience, backed by Microsoft Dataverse search, for all model-driven Power Apps on all devices as the default—helping users find their information and navigate easily.
Relevance search is now Dataverse search and the only global search option for all users in model-driven apps in a production environment on any device. Global search is easy to use, fast, and intelligent. Relevance search delivers the following benefits:
- The search box is always available at the top of every page in your app. You can start a new search and quickly find the information that you're looking for.
- Personalized zero query experience of recent searches and rows, which helps you complete a search without a keystroke.
- Seeing suggested results as you type puts Dataverse information at your fingertips.
- High-quality results let you search and act on your information easily and quickly.
- Quick action commands that appear next to search results help you complete a task without losing context.
All these capabilities are available as an admin opt-in under the Dataverse search toggle in Power Platform admin center. With 2021 release wave 2, this will be enabled by default for all production environments. With this capability enabled by default, individual users won't have the ability to switch to categorized search.
Advanced lookup (docs)