Summary and resources
In this module, you learned about some of the essential requirements for building accessible websites and apps. Here are some of the things we covered:
- The importance of HTML5 and ARIA for web development.
- How to design accessible apps and websites for people who use assistive technology.
- Critical concepts for web and app development, such as page structure, color contrast, data tables, keyboard navigation, links, and images.
- More resources for accessible web and app design.
- Introduction to Web Accessibility - Resources from the W3C Web Accessibility Initiative on making the web accessible.
- How people with disabilities use the web - W3C resource on how people with disabilities, including people with age-related impairments, use the web.
- Designing inclusive software for Windows 10 - Microsoft inclusive design principles and practices for the Universal Windows Platform (UWP).
- Microsoft Inclusive Design - Methodology, principles, and resources, including the Inclusive Design Toolkit.
- Accessibility Insights - Free, open source application for solving accessibility issues.
- Introduction to Accessibility Insights for Web video - Overview of how to use the Accessibility Insights application to solve accessibility issues.