I've set up a VPN in Windows exploiting the "Incoming connection" feature and a DDNS service (no-ip.com).
Follows my configuration:
Remote LAN (vpn server LAN):
- router IP 192.168.1.1
- VPN server pc (static) 192.168.1.50
- Firewall on server pc temporarily disabled
- PPP interface 192.168.10.1
- Forwarded ports 1723 and 47 TCP/UDP on router toward server pc
VPN connection settings on server
- static ip pool to be assigned to vpn clients: 192.168.10.1 - 192.168.10.10 (outside from remote LAN as Microsoft says)
My local LAN (clients LAN)
- router IP 10.0.0.1
- PPP interface 192.168.10.2 (correctly received from server)
VPN connection settings on client
- "Use default gatway on remote LAN" checkbox DISABLED (in VPN connection properties > IPv4 properties > Advanced)
I've added the following route to reach remote LAN 192.168.1.0 using remote PPP interface 192.168.10.1 as gateway:
route add 192.168.1.0 mask 255.255.255.0 192.168.10.1 if <PPP interface number on client>
I am able to ping the remote VPN server on 192.168.1.50, but I cant ping any other device on remote LAN 192.168.1.0/24.
Iv'e also tried to use same LAN segment 192.168.1.0/24 for remote server LAN and local clients LAN but had same result.
Both machines client and server are Windows 10 pc
I've been testing for so much hours without success
Any help will be appreciated