How to change language settings for subscription in SSRS

Ulrich M. Weber 26 Reputation points
2022-11-08T12:30:56.483+00:00

We suddenly had the problem that several reports, which send an e-Mail with a PDF File in a nightly subscription gave no results or stange results. But starting the reports directly form the Reporting Services portal shows the expected results. The behaviour of the subscriptions changed suddenly a week ago.

I found out, that all the affected reports have a date/time parameter, which is expected in a certain format. And this parameter has the wrong language settings, when running as a suscription. Normally the parameter is expected to have the format DD.MM.YY for example 01.10.22 but in a subscription the format is DD-MON-YY now, showing 01-OCT-22 in the mentioned example. I guess that the language settings are taken from the browser settings, when starting a report from the SSRS portal. But which language settings are used for subscriptions? The reporting services run under an account "NT SERVICE\SQLServerReportingServices". And why did it change from one day to the next without any updated beeing installed on the server or any changes in the configuration?

SQL Server Reporting Services
SQL Server Reporting Services
A SQL Server technology that supports the creation, management, and delivery of both traditional, paper-oriented reports and interactive, web-based reports.
2,849 questions
0 comments No comments
{count} votes

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. AniyaTang-MSFT 12,341 Reputation points Microsoft Vendor
    2022-11-09T03:20:02.973+00:00

    Hi @Ulrich M. Weber
    Based on my testing, the date parameter in SSRS has a default format that doesn't change easily. unless you format it in the query statement.
    For more details, you can refer to these links:
    ssrs-date-parameter-format
    date-parameter-format-to-mmddyyyy
    Best regards,
    Aniya

    0 comments No comments

  2. Ulrich M. Weber 26 Reputation points
    2022-11-09T10:45:45.147+00:00

    I was able to solve the problem by updating SSRS from 15.0.1102.911 to 15.0.1102.1002 and restarting the server. Maybe one of the to steps alone would have helped (I tried restarting only the SSRS service before, but this didn't solve the problem). In the release notes for version 15.0.1102.962 is written: "Fixed datetime parameter issue affecting specific locales". Maybe that this was our problem. But it might also happen, that the problem returns as we hadn't had it all the months before.

    0 comments No comments