I have seen loads of forum posts with this issue with various answers to the problem - all of which I have tried which don't seem to resolve the issue.
We are intermittently having an issues with distributing our Deployment Packages - the main culprit for this has been the Windows Defender Updates as we update these daily.
It is strange because it will be failing to distribute and then randomly decide to work perfectly....and then it will break again.
In the console we get the below message:
Package Transfer Manager failed to update the package "PACKAGEID", Version 11 on distribution point DP NAME . Review PkgXferMgr.log for more information about this failure.
Possible cause: Site server does not have sufficient rights to the source directory.
Solution: Verify that the site server computer account has at least Read access to the directory you specify as the source directory.
Possible cause: There is not enough disk space available on the distribution point.
Solution: Verify that there is enough free disk space available on the distribution point.
In the PkgXFerMgr.log we get the below message:
CSendFileAction::SendFiles failed for path .. Error code = 0x80070003 SMS_PACKAGE_TRANSFER_MANAGER 20/03/2023 09:25:35 43092 (0xA854)
CSendFileAction::SendContent failed; 0x80070003 SMS_PACKAGE_TRANSFER_MANAGER 20/03/2023 09:25:35 43092 (0xA854)
Sending failed. Failure count = 1, Restart time = 20/03/2023 09:55:35 -0000 SMS_PACKAGE_TRANSFER_MANAGER 20/03/2023 09:25:35 43092 (0xA854)
Just some background on the environment and what I have already tried:
- MECM/SCCM Version 2211 with the latest hotfix
- Remote Content Library
- 2 Primary Site Servers - one active - one passive
- A mixture of Server 2012 and Server 2019 servers (we are currently migrating to newer Server 2019 servers)
What have I tried?
- Confirmed permissions to source directory - this is all fine because as I mentioned - it sometimes decides to work.
- Disk space isn't the issue
- Disabled Sophos AV on the DP, Primary Site Server.
- Recreated the deployment package - this sometimes works for a little while however the package ends up failing to distribute again later on.
- Created a brand new distribution point and added it into the environment - this again worked for a little while however package ends up failing to distribute again later on.
- Confirmed the DP functionality as I can distribute applications to the DP fine and as mentioned the deployment package has worked intermittently.
- Checked server specs DP to see if there was a strain or anything there.
- I read there was an issue with having the remote content library on a Server 2019 so I moved the content library back to the Server 2012 server. However a few weeks later the package ended up failing to distribute again and we are back to the state we are now.
- Confirmed the server didn't have an issue with the file path length as I read this somewhere too - again not an issue.
Thanks in advance,