Hi Said A The Antivirus agent status report in Intune is updated every 8 hours for Windows 10 devices and every 24 hours for other Windows devices. If the report is showing outdated information, it's possible that the devices haven't checked in with Intune within that timeframe. Another possibility is that there's a delay in the processing of the report data. As for the Security Center report, it generates real-time data for connected devices, so it will always display the most up-to-date information. However, it doesn't have the same level of detail as the Antivirus agent status report in Intune.
Antivirus agent status report has outdated details (old antivirus signature)
I have a client that is trying to get reports using the following:
- Sign in to the Microsoft Intune admin center.
- Select Reports > Microsoft Defender Antivirus to open the default reports view, which is the Summary page. The Summary page displays aggregate details for the Antivirus reports, supports a Refresh, and reflects the data found in Antivirus agent status report.
- Select the Reports tab > Antivirus agent status to open the report.
- Select Generate report (or Generate again) to retrieve current data.
The Antivirus "Signature version" that we get from the report is outdated and not correct for most devices.
We have tried the following report, from the security center instead:
- Go to https://security.microsoft.com, and sign in.
- Choose Reports > Device health
It generates a real time report of the connected devices with correct Antivirus "Signature version".
Our questions are:
- Does the Intune report have a definite timeframe where it tries to pull the information from the devices?
- If not, why aren't the reports from Intune contain the correct or up-to-date details?
- The second report unfortunately only generates stats and infos from the connected devices at the time.
Thank you for your time.
@Said A Thanks for posting in our Q&A.
Honestly, I'm not familiar with this issue and there is no helpful information I can share with you. Please keep this post and wait for someone else to share some information.
Or it is suggested to create an online support ticket to get more accurate help. Here is the support link:
Sign in to comment