Thank you for your question and for reaching out with your question today.
The issue you are experiencing with Visio files from a WebDAV share asking for login credentials multiple times on every open or save action might be due to the authentication settings or configuration on the WebDAV server.
Here are some potential solutions to try:
- Check WebDAV Authentication Settings: Ensure that the WebDAV server is configured to allow anonymous access or uses the same authentication method as other Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel). If it requires specific authentication settings, make sure they are correctly set up.
- Internet Explorer Security Zones: Visio (and other Microsoft Office applications) sometimes rely on Internet Explorer's security settings. Check the security zone settings in Internet Explorer for the WebDAV server's URL. Ensure that it is in the "Local Intranet" or "Trusted Sites" zone, which allows automatic authentication.
- Windows Credential Manager: Check the Windows Credential Manager to see if there are any stored credentials related to the WebDAV server. If there are outdated or incorrect credentials stored, delete them and try accessing the Visio file again.
- Check Visio Options: In Visio, go to "File" > "Options" > "Save" and ensure that the "Prompt for document properties" option is not selected. This option might trigger additional authentication prompts.
- Clear Office Credentials: Sometimes, clearing cached Office credentials can resolve authentication issues. You can use the Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant for Office 365 (SARA) tool to clear cached credentials.
- Update Visio: Ensure that you have the latest updates for Visio installed. Microsoft regularly releases updates that address known issues and improve application functionality.
If the problem persists after trying these solutions, you may want to check with your system administrator or IT support team for further assistance in troubleshooting the specific configuration of the WebDAV server and Visio application in your environment.
I used AI provided by ChatGPT to formulate part of this response. I have verified that the information is accurate before sharing it with you.
If the reply was helpful, please don’t forget to upvote or accept as answer.