For now, there is not the GUI and Visual Studio extension for macOS, you can upgrade your apps using the CLI version of the .NET Upgrade Assistant.
Step by Step:
- Open Terminal and install the .NET Upgrade Assistant by the following command:
dotnet tool install -g upgrade-assistant
- Go to the folder where your Xamarin project is located
% cd XXX/yourproject
- Run the
% upgrade-assistant upgrade
- (Optional) If you get an error "Cannot find a tool in the manifest file that has a command named 'upgrade-assistant", you need to add
~/.dotnet/toolsto your PATH environment. Then run the
upgrade-assistant upgradecommand again.
- Select the project you want to upgrade as described in the Upgrade with the CLI tool doc. Pay attention to upgrading the Xmairn.iOS/Xamarin.Android project before Xamarin.Forms.
- Configure Android project and iOS project manually.
- (Optional) You might need to change some Namespace, color, layout manually, see Manually upgrade a Xamarin.Forms app to a multi-project .NET MAUI app - .NET MAUI | Microsoft Learn.
If the answer is the right solution, please click "Accept Answer" and kindly upvote it. If you have extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment".
Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.