@Kritika Dhanbhar - Thanks for the question and using MS Q&A platform.
MS Fabric is currently not supported in the Q&A forums, the supported products are listed over here Supported products on MS Q&A (more to be added later on).
You can ask the experts in the dedicated MS Fabric community forum.
Can you please open as a new thread in MS Fabric community: https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/bd-p/ac_generaldiscussion
It seems like you are trying to create a shortcut in Microsoft Fabric for Azure Data Lake Storage Gen 2, but you are getting an error message "Unauthorized. Access to target location denied" when specifying the subfolder. This error message indicates that you do not have the necessary permissions to access the target location.
To resolve this issue, you can try the following steps:
- Check if you have provided the correct credentials for your storage account. Make sure that you have provided the correct storage account name, account key, and container name.
- Check if you have provided the correct path for the subfolder. Make sure that you have specified the correct path for the subfolder where you want to create the shortcut.
- Check if you have the necessary permissions to access the target location. Make sure that you have the necessary permissions to access the target location. You can check the permissions by going to the Azure portal and checking the access policies for your storage account.
ADLS shortcuts use a delegated authorization model. In this model, the shortcut creator specifies a credential for the ADLS shortcut and all access to that shortcut is authorized using that credential. The supported delegated types are Organizational account, Account Key, Shared Access Signature (SAS), and Service Principal.
- Organizational account - must have Storage Blob Data Reader, Storage Blob Data Contributor, or Storage Blob Data Owner role on storage account
- Shared Access Signature (SAS) - must include at least the following permissions: Read, List, and Execute
- Service Principal - must have Storage Blob Data Reader, Storage Blob Data Contributor, or Storage Blob Data Owner role on storage account
If you have checked all of the above and still cannot access the target location, you can try creating a new storage account and container and then upload your CSV file again. If the issue persists, please let me know and I will try to assist you further.
For more details, refer to OneLake shortcuts and Set up your Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2 connection.
Hope this helps. Do let us know if you any further queries.
If this answers your query, do click
Accept Answer and
Yes for was this answer helpful. And, if you have any further query do let us know.