Hi @Karanjot Singh Kochar Thanks for the question.
Currently there isn't a turn-key solution to getting automated email alerts directly from azure for the above scenarios you shared but here are some workarounds you can try:
Get notified of deprecation:
- Use the App Service Deprecation Feed in RSS or API form to monitor for deprecated stacks.
- Use Azure Advisor recommendations to get notified of deprecated resources.
- Enable App Service webhooks to get notifications on changes and events. You can filter for deprecated stack notices.
Automatically update stack version:
- To automatically update your web app to the new version, you can use Azure Automation Update Management. You can create an alert rule using the metrics included with Update Management to notify you when a new version is available, and then configure a runbook to automatically update your web app. Here is a link that provides guidance on creating alert rules using the metrics included with Update Management.
- Enable auto-update of minor versions on the App Service. This will apply patches.
- Create a Logic App that monitors for deprecated stack notifications and uses the ARM API to update the stack version on App Service.
Hope that helps. -Grace