question

StefanoM-9408 avatar image
0 Votes"
StefanoM-9408 asked cheong00 edited

Application closes immediately

The application does not start when I try to debug. The last changes I made are to a graph, if in doubt I removed it from both xaml code and c # but the error persists, so the problem is something else.

I was making some changes to the '`DiaryPage`' page while trying to debug the application immediately stops in the MainPage, therefore not even arriving at the aforementioned page. There are no exceptions in mainPage. From what I understand, it crashes when it has to access an ftp space.


  WebClient clientw = new WebClient();
     clientw.Credentials = new NetworkCredential("xxx", "xxxx");
     string Frasi = "ftp://epiz_27@ftpupload.net/htdocs/word1.json";


When it gets to read this last line of code, it crashes and closes.


  string contents = await clientw.DownloadStringTaskAsync(Frasi);

This is the log:

 > > Native Crash Reporting
 > > ================================================================= Got a SEGV while executing native code. This usually indicates a fatal
 > > error in the mono runtime or one of the native libraries  used by your
 > > application.
 > > =================================================================
 > > 
 > > No native Android stacktrace (see debuggerd output).
 > > 
 > > =================================================================  Basic Fault Address Reporting
 > > ================================================================= Memory around native instruction pointer (0x78535d4414):0x78535d4404 
 > > 30 00 a0 f2 f1 03 00 91 31 02 10 cb 3f 02 00 91  0.......1...?...
 > > 0x78535d4414  fd 7b 00 a9 fd 03 00 91 a0 0b 00 f9 10 35 9b d2 
 > > .{...........5.. 0x78535d4424  90 1a a9 f2 10 0f c0 f2 b0 0f 00 f9 10
 > > 00 84 d2  ................ 0x78535d4434  50 f7 b2 f2 10 0f c0 f2 b0 13
 > > 00 f9 1e 9d 8d d2  P...............
 > > 
 > > ===================================================04-06 23:12:25.794 F/libc    (17288): Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV), code 2
 > (SEGV_ACCERR),
 > > fault addr 0x7ff13dad50 in tid 17288 (mpanyname.myapp), pid 17288
 > > (mpanyname.myapp)
 > > 
 > > ==============  Managed Stacktrace:
 > > =================================================================    at MyApp.Pagine.DiaryPage:InitializeComponent <0x00014>    at
 > > MyApp.Pagine.DiaryPage:.ctor <0x008f3>    at
 > > MyApp.Pagine.DiaryPage:InitializeComponent <0x01e97>    at
 > > MyApp.Pagine.DiaryPage:.ctor <0x008f3>    at
 > > MyApp.Pagine.DiaryPage:InitializeComponent <0x01e97>    at
 > > MyApp.Pagine.DiaryPage:.ctor <0x008f3>    at
 > > MyApp.Pagine.DiaryPage:InitializeComponent <0x01e97>    at
 > > MyApp.Pagine.DiaryPage:.ctor <0x008f3>    at
 > > MyApp.Pagine.DiaryPage:InitializeComponent <0x01e97>    at
 > > MyApp.Pagine.DiaryPage:.ctor <0x008f3>    at
 > > MyApp.Pagine.DiaryPage:InitializeComponent <0x01e97>    at
 > > MyApp.Pagine.DiaryPage:.ctor <0x008f3>    at
 > > MyApp.Pagine.DiaryPage:InitializeComponent <0x01e97>    at
 > > MyApp.Pagine.DiaryPage:.ctor <0x008f3>    at
 > > MyApp.Pagine.DiaryPage:InitializeComponent <0x01e97>    at
 > > MyApp.Pagine.DiaryPage:.ctor <0x008f3>    at
 > > MyApp.Pagine.DiaryPage:InitializeComponent <0x01e97>    at
 > > MyApp.Pagine.DiaryPage:.c tor <0x008f3>   at MyApp.TabPage:.ctor <0x00077>    at MyApp.App:.ctor <0x0057f>    at
 > MyApp.Droid.MainActivity:OnCreate <0x0018b>    at
 > Android.App.Activity:n_OnCreate_Landroid_os_Bundle_ <0x000d3>    at
 > Android.Runtime.DynamicMethodNameCounter:8 <0x000cf>    at
 > Android.Runtime.DynamicMethodNameCounter:8 <0x000eb>
 04-06 23:37:20.639 D/Mono    (19321): Requesting loading reference 1 (of 2) of Java.Interop.dll
 04-06 23:37:20.639 D/Mono    (19321): Loading reference 1 of Java.Interop.dll asmctx DEFAULT, looking for System.Core, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e
 04-06 23:37:20.639 D/Mono    (19321): Assembly Ref addref Java.Interop[0x78a523dc00] -> System.Core[0x78a5410900]: 7


The errors seem to indicate DiaryPage but in reality the application crashes in MainPage

UPDATE:
I tried to completely delete the method in which that code is contained but the app keeps crashing

dotnet-xamarin
· 1
5 |1600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 3.0 MiB each and 30.0 MiB total.

Segmentation fault is error occurred when accessing invalid memory location . Since the error occurs within the scope of Mono runtime, I advise you to open an issue at their Github page and see what they can help.

And you should check their reporting guide first and include all relevant information in your report to prevent unnecessary wait on back and forward. (Especially point 10. Often if it's bug on your code, you'll know that when creating isolated test case.)


0 Votes 0 ·

0 Answers