Would anybody be able to shed light on why I cannot debug my Azure web app, using Visual Studio 2017 Community?
When I try, I get the following error:
I have done my homework on this error.
I have, so far:
- confirmed, in the Networking blade, that the Web App should be allowing the expected inbound connections.
- opened ports 4022/4023 on my local machine, and ensured I am outside of the enterprise firewall (when at work).
- completely disabled my local firewall and attempted to connect.
- confirmed that Remote Debugging is Enabled, with the correct platform (32-bit works in the second slot) and Visual Studio version (2017).
- confirmed, via the Process Explorer (and in Advanced Tools > Kudu > Process Explorer), that msvsmon.exe is indeed running.
- attempted to disable and then re-enable Remote Debugging, then attempting to attach the debugger.
- deployed the exact same application to the second slot, swapping slots, and attempting to attach to the production slot.
I saw other, more esoteric solutions such as ensuring the App Service does not have a dash ('-') in the name. The second slot has a dash (two, actually) and works fine.
Another solution I saw was to attempt to manually attach to the debug process using the "Attach to Process" tool in Visual Studio. When I use that, I can view processes on the second slot fine, but attempting to view processes in the production slot throws the same error message as reproduced above (with error code 0x89710023, saying that the remote debugger MSVSMON.exe does not appear to be running on the remote computer).
If anyone can help me understand, I (and my clients!) would be very grateful. Thank you.