Unable to Copy and Paste to and from the remote desktop connections on some servers. None of the file types are working. I tried folder copy, text file copy, word, excel, .exe file copy. none of those work. Interestingly, copy-paste of text to and from works.
Client OS is Windows 10.
Remote Desktop Server OS is Windows server 2016.
Troubleshooting did so far:
- Killed rdpclip.exe and tested. No luck
- Rebooted the server and the client. No luck
- Added rdpclip.exe to exclusions in Antivirus. No luck
- Removed Antivirus and tested. No luck.
- Tried local login to the remote desktop server instead of domain login. No luck
- Verified in the group policy and made sure Do not allow Clipboard redirection and
Do not allow drive redirection are set to not configured.
- Replaced the rdpclip.exe from a working server. No luck.
- Compared local security policies (secpol.msc) with a working server and replicated the same settings on the non-working server. Rebooted after that. No luck.
- Tried disabling all the Group Policies that are pushed through Domain Controller. No luck.
Any suggestions as to what more we can do to identify and fix the issue?