Cost is incurring even after deleting the app service plan in azure
I had created a web app in azure with basic plan. when it was costing more, I deleted the web app and app service plan. But it is still charging the amount for app service plan. How to stop it?
@Md Aasif When you delete all apps in an App Service plan, the plan continues to accrue charges based on its configured pricing tier and number of instances. To avoid unwanted charges, delete the plan or scale it down to Free tier.
After you delete Azure App Service resources, resources from related Azure services might continue to exist. They continue to accrue costs until you delete them. For example:
- The Virtual Network that you created for an Isolated tier App Service plan
- Storage accounts you created to store backups or diagnostic logs
- Key Vault you created to store App Service certificates
- Log Analytic namespaces you created to ship diagnostic logs
- Instance or stamp reservations for App Service that haven't expired yet
Kindly check if this is the case.
@SwathiDhanwada-MSFT Even after deleting the app service plan, the cost was kept on increasing. With no choices left, I cancelled my subscription and deleted all the services, still, the cost is increasing for that app service plan.
@Md Aasif Apologies for the inconvenience caused! Please reach out to Azure billing team by raising a support request. The team will check your account details and provide you with appropriate information.
Here is the link - https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-portal/supportability/how-to-create-azure-support-request to create support case.
Sign in to comment