I want to set an Access Policy for our external users, so what is the license needed

john john 946 Reputation points

We have an Office 365 tenant, but when i tried to define an access policy for unmanaged devices, i got this message:-


so what are the needed license and how i can get it? Thanks

A group of Microsoft Products and technologies used for sharing and managing content, knowledge, and applications.
10,251 questions
0 comments No comments
{count} votes

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Vasil Michev 100K Reputation points MVP

    You need an Azure AD Premium license, or the EMS bundle, as the message mentions. Read here: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/conditional-access/overview

    0 comments No comments

  2. CaseyYang-MSFT 10,341 Reputation points

    Hi @john john ,

    Like the picture shows, you should get a subscription to Enterprise Mobility + Security E3 or Enterprise Mobility + Security E5 and assign a license to yourself To use this setting.


    If an Answer is helpful, please click "Accept Answer" and upvote it.

    Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.