question

pavankumar-6152 avatar image
0 Votes"
pavankumar-6152 asked KyleXu-MSFT commented

M365 migration issue due to subscription

Hi i have started migrating a mailboxes from on-prem to o365, where i have successful in completing the migration for pilot users and when i started migrating a 3 users today and i see the below error after it synced about 95% for 2 mailboxes and 1 mailbox at 20%. i am not sure where this problem is coming from and how to fix it.

i checked the licenses and they are assigned. exchange guid matches, no previous mailbox exists before the migration.

Error during a remote move migration: "The subscription for the migration user username@domain.com couldn't be loaded. The following error was encountered: A subscription wasn't found for this user.."

any help or advise is appreciated.

office-exchange-server-administrationoffice-exchange-online-itprooffice-exchange-server-mailflowoffice-exchange-hybrid-itprooffice-exchange-server-itpro
· 1
5 |1600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 3.0 MiB each and 30.0 MiB total.

@pavankumar-6152
I am writing here to confirm with you any update about this thread now?
If the suggestion below helps, please be free to accept it as an answer for helping more people.

0 Votes 0 ·
KyleXu-MSFT avatar image
0 Votes"
KyleXu-MSFT answered

@pavankumar-6152

i checked the licenses and they are assigned

Do you use hybrid migration to migrate those mailboxes? If so, you need to migrate mailboxes to Exchange online first, then assign license to them. Otherwise, assign license will create a new Exchange online mailbox.

I would suggest you remove license from the AAD account and delete the migration request. After that, try to migrate those mailbox again.

If you still cannot migrate those 3 mailboxes successfully, you could export data from Exchange on-premises for them. Then assign license on AAD to create Exchange online mailboxes for them. After that, tell them to import data from Outlook client.


If the response is helpful, please click "Accept Answer" and upvote it.
Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.

5 |1600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 3.0 MiB each and 30.0 MiB total.

imamitsingh avatar image
1 Vote"
imamitsingh answered

There are 2 possible scenarios for resolving this:

1- Run the below command on on-premise Exchange to check the mailboxes GUIDS

 Get-RemoteMailbox UserB | Format-List ExchangeGUID

You should receive an answer similar to this:
140000-image.png

Run the below command on Exchange Online:

 Get-Mailbox UserB | Format-list ExchangeGuid

You should receive an answer similar to this:

139980-image.png

If the GUIDS are not matching, you found your problem.
Resolution is to run the command below and rerun “Complete-Migrationbatch” cmdlet:

 Set-RemoteMailbox UserB -ExchangeGUID 4a502e5e-5064-4f60-b691-845bdaf94113  #Online MailboxGUID

2 - If the “Get-RemoteMailbox” does not return a thing for our user it means that it wasn’t migrated successfully.
In that case, you have to remove the online mailbox for UserB:

 #In Exchange Online Powershell verify the recipient type. If user mailbox, then you need to remove the mailbox.
    
 Get-recipient [alias]
    
 #Go On premise to see what the recipient type is as well. Run the same cmdlet as above.
 #If verified that we have 2 different mailboxes, then we need to purge the cloud mailbox since it is new and has no data. Please be sure that the user is not using OneDrive or Sharepoint.
 #If so this data will need to be backed up prior to deleting the msol account. After deleting the MSOL account the OneDrive and Sharepoint data will be gone.
 #Next Get the External Directory Object ID from the O365 mailbox.
    
 Get-Mailbox UserB |fl *external*
    
 #Verify the msoluser account.
    
 Get-msoluser -objectid [insert external objectID from above]
 #Remove the msol account
 Remove-msoluser -ObjectID [insert objectID from above]
 #Purge the msol user account
 Remove-Msoluser -objectID [insert objectID from above] -removefromrecyclebin #This step is very important to do. If you don't remove it from recycle bin new DirSync will pull the same one.
    
 #Verify the object is gone.
 Get-msoluser -objectid [inset external objectID from above]
    
 #Initiate a Dirsync Cycle
 #Go back to the O365 portal, verify a new object has been created.
 #Or you can run 
 Get-msoluser -userprincipalname UserB@tech-trainer.info | fl
 #You will see a new object ID.
 #Next go back in the Exchange Admin Center and migrate the user account.

I hope this will solve your problem.




image.png (11.9 KiB)
image.png (3.0 KiB)
5 |1600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 3.0 MiB each and 30.0 MiB total.