I am suddenly encountering this error when trying to add new users either through the web portal or the API. When I check the logs there are no details about what caused the error, this is happening on any user I try to add. I have checked that the active directory usernames are valid. It suddenly started happening, I was able to add over 1,800 users through the API when it stopped and now it wont work on any new user I try to add.
I have done the following:
restarted the server
uninstalled and reinstalled SSRS
Here is what the log shows when I process a new user request from the web portal:
rshost!rshost!28d4!10/27/2021-11:08:05:: i INFO: Application domain type ReportServer statistics: created: 1, unloaded: 1, failed: 0, timed out: 0.
RSPortal Log & API error
ERROR|31|OData exception occurred: Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.InternalCatalogException: An internal error occurred on the report server. See the error log for more details..
I have searched for the error and nothing really helps resolve the error.