Extended warranties, for example, extended car warranty, are an investment in peace of mind that limits financial risk for a set period of time. Buying a new thing is a significant decision. Not only is it a large financial commitment, but many other issues come along with it. Which configuration should you get? What accessories are "must-haves" from the start?
What Is Microsoft Surface Warranty?
Microsoft started a series of touchscreen PCs and interactive whiteboards named Surface. A device from this group has a one-year limited hardware guarantee and 90 days of technical support. This is a standard warranty and guards only hardware malfunctions. It will not cover accidental breakage.
Suppose you want to include accidental damage coverage and increase your device’s protection. In that situation, you may buy an addition to your standard warranty—Microsoft Complete Protection plan— within 45 days of your shopping. This additional coverage also comes with prolonged mechanical support for preinstalled software.
Here is how to claim a warranity easily:
Option 1: Go straight to the product company
It's often great to go right to the manufacturer. This is because many companies have dedicated support hubs specifically for problems in relation to their products and may even give in-home support and advanced troubleshooting. In many cases, the manufacturer may be able to provide a quicker charge of, and remedy for, any problem with your product, even if the manufacturer’s guarantee has expired.
You may therefore favor contacting the company although you are not obligated to do this and, if at any time you are not happy with the manufacturer’s remedy about your legal rights, you can contact the store manager of your neares store for assistance.
Option 2: Bring your damaged product in-store
Take your damaged product to your local store where our helpful staff will assess the item and, where relevant, provide a suitable remedy.
Things to remember:
Bring your certificate or tax invoice. If you bought online: You can log in to download a duplicate of your tax invoice. We also receive a copy of your digital receipt, if you got one at the time of buying.
Where the error cannot be charged on-site, we’ll need to send the product to the company for assessment before any remedy is considered.
Option 3: Provide an in-home assessment
For large products
- To start a warranty claim for a large item that you can’t bring in-store you can submit a request and insert the following information:
- Proof of buying: A copy of your online order verification email or photo of your in-store receipt. If you bought online: You can log in to download a copy of your tax invoice.
- Serial number of your thing (if known): Normally found on the back of the product or on the box.
- Photos of the product: Highlighting any accidents and issues for assessment of your application.
- Details of the product fault: You can provide much data about what’s wrong with your product.