@Markus I understand you added a node but not seeing it as part of the nodepool.
The issue is that kubelet cannot be joined to the master.
Below are few pointers that you can check and see if that helps to find the issue:
- Is the node VM (or VMSS) Succeeded and Running? If not then you may have to troubleshoot the Linux VM (or VMSS).
- Else SSH into the node and check if kubelet service and docker service are running using sudo systemctl status kubelet and sudo systemctl status docker respectively.
If they are not running start them using sudo systemctl start <serviceName>
- Is scale up giving a success response or is it failing. It can be that required endpoints are blocked. Please allow the endpoints mentioned here and AgentPoolExtensionProvisioning errors might be there.
- If using custom DNS maybe the node cannot resolve to the required endpoints. [Leads to similar errors as above]
- Also please try running AKS Diagnostics and see the results
Hope this helps. Let me know if you are still having issues or need further assistance.
Please don’t forget to "Accept the answer" and “up-vote” wherever the information provided helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.