Hello wonderful people of the internet.
I hope you are well.
I have a problem, it has persisted for about 4 weeks and makes zero sense (at least to me)
I have a single user with an HP laptop, it is running Windows 10 21H2, roughly 3 years old with an Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM and an M.2 SSD.
Here's the problem; It just restarts, on its own, with nothing in the event logs apart from an unexpected shutdown message, there are no error messages that appear on screen, but the fans do go at max speed during the restart (I have checked the temp, it does not appear to be getting hot at all). The doubly strange part is it only does it when they come into the office. If they work from home, no issue. If they come in, it will do this 2-6 times a day with no time pattern.
Things I have tried (not in order):
- Disabling Anti-Virus
- Reset Windows
- Replaced the battery
- Replaced the power supply
- Swapped the RAM
- Updated the BIOS and all system drivers
- Ran it standalone with no cables plugged in
- Cloned and replaced the SSD (Then reset windows again after the issue persisted)
- Used it as my laptop for a day in my office (3 unprompted restarts)
- Removed all applications and ran as a thin client with a remote desktop connection
- Called the electricians to inspect the power sockets (all good)
After all that the issue persists.
If it wasn't for the fact that it works when they are at home, I would have just thrown it out. Does anyone have any ideas that may work to resolve this? I am at a loss and completely out of things to try. I have tried googling the issue but it's way too specific, hence this post.
Thank you in advance for any time spent assisting, have a great day!