Hi, I am having difficulties accessing my account because I cannot finish the second authentication step after account name and password. Both second step options are tied to Microsoft Authenticator app ("Approve a request on my Microsoft Authenticator app" and "Use a verification code") which I am currently not signed into with my phone (I am using the same device as I did when I installed it, but I got signed out at one point).
What I tried:
- I tried to login into the Authenticator on my phone - I got asked the same second step options
- I tried using the "Can't access your account" option where I managed to recover the account. After the recovery it asks me to sign in using the new password and when I proceeded, it once again asked for second step with same 2 options
- After some digging I went to https://myaccount.microsoft.com/?ref=MeControl and tried going to the security tab to try fixing it, but when I went to the security tab it was once again locked behind those second step options
- I have access to all devices this account was ever used on
- I have access to the email that is setup for recovering the device
- I am still signed in to this account on teams and outlook
- I don't have a Microsoft account setup as backup for the Authenticator app
Is there a way I can regain control of my account?