Making a question sticky
If a question is an announcement type (product announcement or update, emerging bug, etc.) and it benefits a larger audience, that question can be converted to a sticky thread.
Users can only see sticky questions on the All questions page.
Make sure that:
- Sticky threads are current and relevant.
- Sticky threads are actively moderated.
- Sticky question are temporary and you have a plan to remove the sticky element after a period of time.
- There are not more than 2 sticky posts at a time on the site. Otherwise, the user experience gets degraded, especially on small screens or mobile devices.
Sticky posts should not be used for:
- Asking for feedback on a product of feature.
- Promote any other documentation (including blogs).
- Posts that will be closed as soon as they are created and they don't allow answers by community members.
How to create a sticky question
- Navigate to the question.
- From the "Gear" icon on the question, select "Make Site Sticky”.
- Observe the label "Site sticky" against the question.