Early technical preview of JDBC 6.1.5 for SQL Server released!
We are delighted to release another early technical preview of the JDBC Driver for SQL Server. The focus of this preview release was adding constrained delegation support, adding new tests, and fixing issues identified by the community. Precompiled binaries are available on GitHub here and also on Maven Central.
Below is a summary of the new additions to the project, changes made, and issues fixed.
- Added socket timeout exception as cause #180
- Added Constrained delegation support #178
- Added junit test for Statement test #174
- Added test for statement.cancel() when MultiSubnetFailover is set to true #173
- Added tests for lobs #168
- Added badges for License, Maven Central, JavaDocs & gitter chat room #184
- Enabled update counts for SELECT INTO statements #175
- Use Executor service instead of thread #162
- Convert socket adaptor to socket #160
Getting the Preview Refresh
The latest bits are available on our GitHub repository and Maven Central.
Add the JDBC preview driver to your Maven project by adding the following code to your POM file to include it as a dependency in your project.
<dependency> <groupId>com.microsoft.sqlserver</groupId> <artifactId>mssql-jdbc</artifactId> <version>6.1.5.jre8-preview</version> </dependency>
We provide limited support while in preview. Should you run into any issues, please file an issue on our GitHub Issues page.
As always, we welcome contributions of any kind. We appreciate everyone who has taken the time to contribute to the project thus far. For feature requests, please file an issue on the GitHub Issues page to help us track and follow-up directly.
We would also appreciate if you could fill in this survey to help us learn more about how you program in Java.
Please also check out our tutorials to get started with developing apps in your programming language of choice and SQL Server.
Andrea Lam (firstname.lastname@example.org)