Tutorial: Azure AD SSO integration with ForeSee CX Suite
In this tutorial, you'll learn how to integrate ForeSee CX Suite with Azure Active Directory (Azure AD). When you integrate ForeSee CX Suite with Azure AD, you can:
- Control in Azure AD who has access to ForeSee CX Suite.
- Enable your users to be automatically signed-in to ForeSee CX Suite with their Azure AD accounts.
- Manage your accounts in one central location - the Azure portal.
To configure Azure AD integration with ForeSee CX Suite, you need the following items:
- An Azure AD subscription. If you don't have an Azure AD environment, you can get a free account
- ForeSee CX Suite single sign-on enabled subscription
In this tutorial, you configure and test Azure AD single sign-on in a test environment.
ForeSee CX Suite supports SP initiated SSO.
ForeSee CX Suite supports Just In Time user provisioning.
Add ForeSee CX Suite from the gallery
To configure the integration of ForeSee CX Suite into Azure AD, you need to add ForeSee CX Suite from the gallery to your list of managed SaaS apps.
- Sign in to the Azure portal using either a work or school account, or a personal Microsoft account.
- On the left navigation pane, select the Azure Active Directory service.
- Navigate to Enterprise Applications and then select All Applications.
- To add new application, select New application.
- In the Add from the gallery section, type ForeSee CX Suite in the search box.
- Select ForeSee CX Suite from results panel and then add the app. Wait a few seconds while the app is added to your tenant.
Alternatively, you can also use the Enterprise App Configuration Wizard. In this wizard, you can add an application to your tenant, add users/groups to the app, assign roles, as well as walk through the SSO configuration as well. Learn more about Microsoft 365 wizards.
Configure and test Azure AD SSO for ForeSee CX Suite
Configure and test Azure AD SSO with ForeSee CX Suite using a test user called B.Simon. For SSO to work, you need to establish a link relationship between an Azure AD user and the related user in ForeSee CX Suite.
To configure and test Azure AD SSO with ForeSee CX Suite, perform the following steps:
- Configure Azure AD SSO - to enable your users to use this feature.
- Configure ForeSee CX Suite SSO - to configure the single sign-on settings on application side.
- Create ForeSee CX Suite test user - to have a counterpart of B.Simon in ForeSee CX Suite that is linked to the Azure AD representation of user.
- Test SSO - to verify whether the configuration works.
Configure Azure AD SSO
Follow these steps to enable Azure AD SSO in the Azure portal.
In the Azure portal, on the ForeSee CX Suite application integration page, find the Manage section and select single sign-on.
On the Select a single sign-on method page, select SAML.
On the Set up single sign-on with SAML page, click the pencil icon for Basic SAML Configuration to edit the settings.
On the Basic SAML Configuration section, if you have Service Provider metadata file, perform the following steps:
a. Click Upload metadata file.
b. Click on folder logo to select the metadata file and click Upload.
c. After the metadata file is successfully uploaded, the Identifier value gets auto populated in Basic SAML Configuration section.
d. In the Sign-on URL text box, type a URL:
e. In the Identifier textbox, type a URL using the following pattern: https://www.okta.com/saml2/service-provider/<UniqueID>
If the Identifier value do not get auto polulated, then please fill in the value manually according to above pattern. The Identifier value is not real. Update this value with the actual Identifier. Contact ForeSee CX Suite Client support team to get this value. You can also refer to the patterns shown in the Basic SAML Configuration section in the Azure portal.
On the Set up Single Sign-On with SAML page, in the SAML Signing Certificate section, click Download to download the Federation Metadata XML from the given options as per your requirement and save it on your computer.
On the Set up ForeSee CX Suite section, copy the appropriate URL(s) as per your requirement.
Create an Azure AD test user
In this section, you'll create a test user in the Azure portal called B.Simon.
- From the left pane in the Azure portal, select Azure Active Directory, select Users, and then select All users.
- Select New user at the top of the screen.
- In the User properties, follow these steps:
- In the Name field, enter
- In the User name field, enter the firstname.lastname@example.org. For example,
- Select the Show password check box, and then write down the value that's displayed in the Password box.
- Click Create.
- In the Name field, enter
Assign the Azure AD test user
In this section, you'll enable B.Simon to use Azure single sign-on by granting access to ForeSee CX Suite.
- In the Azure portal, select Enterprise Applications, and then select All applications.
- In the applications list, select ForeSee CX Suite.
- In the app's overview page, find the Manage section and select Users and groups.
- Select Add user, then select Users and groups in the Add Assignment dialog.
- In the Users and groups dialog, select B.Simon from the Users list, then click the Select button at the bottom of the screen.
- If you are expecting a role to be assigned to the users, you can select it from the Select a role dropdown. If no role has been set up for this app, you see "Default Access" role selected.
- In the Add Assignment dialog, click the Assign button.
Configure ForeSee CX Suite SSO
To configure single sign-on on ForeSee CX Suite side, you need to send the downloaded Federation Metadata XML and appropriate copied URLs from Azure portal to ForeSee CX Suite support team. They set this setting to have the SAML SSO connection set properly on both sides.
Create ForeSee CX Suite test user
In this section, you create a user called Britta Simon in ForeSee CX Suite. Work with ForeSee CX Suite support team to add the users or the domain that must be added to an allowlist for the ForeSee CX Suite platform. If the domain is added by the team, users will get automatically provisioned to the ForeSee CX Suite platform. Users must be created and activated before you use single sign-on.
In this section, you test your Azure AD single sign-on configuration with following options.
Click on Test this application in Azure portal. This will redirect to ForeSee CX Suite Sign-on URL where you can initiate the login flow.
Go to ForeSee CX Suite Sign-on URL directly and initiate the login flow from there.
You can use Microsoft My Apps. When you click the ForeSee CX Suite tile in the My Apps, this will redirect to ForeSee CX Suite Sign-on URL. For more information about the My Apps, see Introduction to the My Apps.
Once you configure ForeSee CX Suite you can enforce session control, which protects exfiltration and infiltration of your organization’s sensitive data in real time. Session control extends from Conditional Access. Learn how to enforce session control with Microsoft Defender for Cloud Apps.