Tutorial: Integrate JOBHUB with Microsoft Entra ID
In this tutorial, you'll learn how to integrate JOBHUB with Microsoft Entra ID. When you integrate JOBHUB with Microsoft Entra ID, you can:
- Control in Microsoft Entra ID who has access to JOBHUB.
- Enable your users to be automatically signed-in to JOBHUB with their Microsoft Entra accounts.
- Manage your accounts in one central location.
To learn more about SaaS app integration with Microsoft Entra ID, see What is application access and single sign-on with Microsoft Entra ID.
To get started, you need the following items:
- A Microsoft Entra subscription. If you don't have a subscription, you can get one-month free trial here.
- JOBHUB single sign-on (SSO) enabled subscription.
In this tutorial, you configure and test Microsoft Entra SSO in a test environment. JOBHUB supports SP initiated SSO.
Adding JOBHUB from the gallery
To configure the integration of JOBHUB into Microsoft Entra ID, you need to add JOBHUB from the gallery to your list of managed SaaS apps.
- Sign in to the Microsoft Entra admin center as at least a Cloud Application Administrator.
- Browse to Identity > Applications > Enterprise applications > New application.
- In the Add from the gallery section, type JOBHUB in the search box.
- Select JOBHUB from results panel and then add the app. Wait a few seconds while the app is added to your tenant.
Alternatively, you can also use the Enterprise App Configuration Wizard. In this wizard, you can add an application to your tenant, add users/groups to the app, assign roles, as well as walk through the SSO configuration as well. Learn more about Microsoft 365 wizards.
Configure and test Microsoft Entra single sign-on
Configure and test Microsoft Entra SSO with JOBHUB using a test user called Britta Simon. For SSO to work, you need to establish a link relationship between a Microsoft Entra user and the related user in JOBHUB.
To configure and test Microsoft Entra SSO with JOBHUB, complete the following building blocks:
- Configure Microsoft Entra SSO - to enable your users to use this feature.
- Configure JOBHUB SSO - to configure the Single Sign-On settings on application side.
- Create a Microsoft Entra test user - to test Microsoft Entra single sign-on with Britta Simon.
- Assign the Microsoft Entra test user - to enable Britta Simon to use Microsoft Entra single sign-on.
- Create JOBHUB test user - to have a counterpart of Britta Simon in JOBHUB that is linked to the Microsoft Entra representation of user.
- Test SSO - to verify whether the configuration works.
Configure Microsoft Entra SSO
Follow these steps to enable Microsoft Entra SSO.
Browse to Identity > Applications > Enterprise applications > JOBHUB application integration page, find the Manage section and select Single sign-on.
On the Select a Single sign-on method page, select SAML.
On the Set up Single Sign-On with SAML page, click the edit/pen icon for Basic SAML Configuration to edit the settings.
On the Basic SAML Configuration section, enter the values for the following fields: In the Sign-on URL text box, type a URL using the following pattern:
The value is not real. Update the value with the actual Sign-On URL. Contact JOBHUB Client support team to get the value. You can also refer to the patterns shown in the Basic SAML Configuration section.
In the SAML Signing Certificate section, click Edit button to open SAML Signing Certificate dialog.
In the SAML Signing Certificate section, copy the Thumbprint and save it on your computer.
On the Set up JOBHUB section, copy the appropriate URL(s) as per your requirement.
a. Login URL
b. Microsoft Entra Identifier
c. Logout URL
Configure JOBHUB SSO
To configure single sign-on on JOBHUB side, you need to send the Thumbprint value and appropriate copied URLs from the application configuration to JOBHUB support team. They set this setting to have the SAML SSO connection set properly on both sides.
Create a Microsoft Entra test user
In this section, you'll create a test user called Britta Simon.
- Sign in to the Microsoft Entra admin center as at least a User Administrator.
- Browse to Identity > Users > All users.
- Select New user > Create new user, at the top of the screen.
- In the User properties, follow these steps:
- In the Display name field, enter
- In the User principal name field, enter the email@example.com. For example,
- Select the Show password check box, and then write down the value that's displayed in the Password box.
- Select Review + create.
- In the Display name field, enter
- Select Create.
Assign the Microsoft Entra test user
In this section, you'll enable Britta Simon to use Azure single sign-on by granting access to JOBHUB.
Browse to Identity > Applications > Enterprise applications > JOBHUB.
In the app's overview page, find the Manage section and select Users and groups.
Select Add user, then select Users and groups in the Add Assignment dialog.
In the Users and groups dialog, select Britta Simon from the Users list, then click the Select button at the bottom of the screen.
If you're expecting any role value in the SAML assertion, in the Select Role dialog, select the appropriate role for the user from the list and then click the Select button at the bottom of the screen.
In the Add Assignment dialog, click the Assign button.
Create JOBHUB test user
In this section, you create a user called Britta Simon in JOBHUB. Work with JOBHUB support team to add the users in the JOBHUB platform. Users must be created and activated before you use single sign-on.
When you select the JOBHUB tile in the Access Panel, you should be automatically signed in to the JOBHUB for which you set up SSO. For more information about the Access Panel, see Introduction to the Access Panel.