Overview: Monitor dwell time in front of displays with Spatial Analysis
Spatial Analysis can provide real-time information about how long customers spend in front of a display in a retail store. The service monitors the length of time customers spend in a zone you specify. You can use this information to track customer engagement with promotions/displays within a store or understand customers' preference toward specific products.
You can deploy an end-to-end solution to track customers' time spent in front of displays.
- Customize areas to monitor: with Spatial Analysis, you can customize any space to monitor. It can be spaces in front of promotions or spaces in front of displays.
- Count individual entrances: you can measure how long people spend within these spaces.
- Customize models to differentiate between shoppers and employees: with the customization options offered, you can train and deploy models to differentiate shoppers and employees so that you only generate data about customer behavior.
Benefits for your business
In-store dwell time is an important metric to help store managers track customers' behaviors and generate insights about customers to make data-driven decisions. Tracking in-store dwell time will help store managers in the following ways:
- Generate data-driven insights about customers: by tracking and analyzing the time customers spend in front of specific displays, you can understand how and why customers react to your displays.
- Collect real-time customer reactions: instead of sending and receiving feedback from customers, you have access to customer interaction with displays in real time.
- Measure display/promotion effectiveness: You can track, analyze and compare footfall and time spent by your customers to measure the effectiveness of promotions or displays.
- Manage inventory: You can track and monitor changes in foot traffic and time spent by your customers to modify shift plans and inventory.
- Make data-driven decisions: with data about your customers, you're empowered to make decisions that improve customer experience and satisfy customer needs.
Get started using Spatial Analysis in a container.