What is Azure Arc-enabled PostgreSQL server
The latest updates are available in the release notes.
Azure Arc-enabled PostgreSQL server is one of the database engines available as part of Azure Arc-enabled data services.
Compare PostgreSQL solutions provided by Microsoft in Azure
Microsoft offers PostgreSQL database services in Azure in two ways:
- As a managed service in Azure PaaS (Platform As A Service)
- As a customer-managed service with Azure Arc as it is operated by customers or their partners/vendors
- Manage PostgreSQL simply
- Simplify monitoring, back up, patching/upgrade, access control & more
- Deploy PostgreSQL on any Kubernetes infrastructure
- Cloud providers like AWS, GCP, and Azure
- Edge deployments (including lightweight Kubernetes K3S)
- Integrate with Azure
- Direct connectivity mode - Deploy Azure Arc-enabled PostgreSQL server from the Azure portal
- Indirect connectivity mode - Deploy Azure Arc-enabled PostgreSQL server from the infrastructure that hosts it
- Supports Active Directory
- Server and Client TLS
- System and user managed certificates
- Pay for what you use (per usage billing)
- Get support from Microsoft on PostgreSQL
Azure Arc-enabled PostgreSQL server is the community version of the PostgreSQL 14 server with a curated set of available extensions. Most PostgreSQL applications workloads should be capable of running against Azure Arc-enabled PostgreSQL server using standard drivers.
Try it out
Get started quickly with Azure Arc Jumpstart on Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), AWS Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS), Google Cloud Kubernetes Engine (GKE) or in an Azure VM.
Follow these steps to create on your own Kubernetes cluster:
- Install the client tools
- Plan an Azure Arc-enabled data services deployment
- Create an Azure Arc-enabled PostgreSQL server on Azure Arc