Azure Data Explorer REST API overview
This article describes how to interact with Azure Data Explorer over HTTPS.
The list of actions supported by an endpoint differs according to whether the endpoint is an engine endpoint or a data management endpoint.
|Action||HTTP verb||URI template||Engine||Data Management||Authentication|
|Query||GET or POST||/v1/rest/query||Yes||No||Yes|
|Query||GET or POST||/v2/rest/query||Yes||No||Yes|
Where Action represents a group of related activities
- The Query action sends a query to the service and gets back the results of the query.
- The Management action sends a control command to the service and gets back the results of the control command.
- The StreamIngest action ingests data to a table.
- The UI action can be used to start up a desktop client or web client. The action is done through an HTTP Redirect response, to interact with the service.
For more information on the HTTP request and response of the query and management actions, see:
- Azure Data Explorer REST API reference
- Query management HTTP request
- Query management HTTP response
- Query v2 HTTP response
For more information on the stream ingest action, see:
For more information on the UI action, see: