What is Azure Native Qumulo Scalable File Service?
Azure Native ISV Services enable you to easily provision, manage, and tightly integrate independent software vendor (ISV) software and services on Azure. This Azure Native ISV Service is developed and managed by Microsoft and Qumulo.
Qumulo is an industry leader in distributed file system and object storage. Qumulo provides a scalable, performant, and simple-to-use cloud-native file system that can support a wide variety of data workloads. The file system uses standard file-sharing protocols, such as NFS, SMB, FTP, and S3.
The Azure Native Qumulo Scalable File Service offering on Azure Marketplace allows you to create and manage a Qumulo file system by using the Azure portal with a seamlessly integrated experience. You can also create and manage Qumulo resources by using the Azure portal through the resource provider
Qumulo.Storage/fileSystem. Qumulo manages the service while giving you full admin rights to configure details like file system shares, exports, quotas, snapshots, and Active Directory users.
Azure Native Qumulo Scalable File Service stores and processes data only in the region where the service was deployed. No data is stored outside that region.
Azure Native Qumulo(ANQ) Scalable File Service is available in two versions.
- ANQ v2: Qumulo's latest offering that provides highly performant, highly scalable and highly durable cost effective cloud filesystem with pay as you go pricing capabilities.
- ANQ v1: Qumulo's initial storage architecture offering that features two distinct tiers - standard and performance and this service version is billed on deployed capacity.
Azure Native Qumulo Scalable File Service provides the following capabilities:
- Seamless onboarding - Easily include Qumulo as a natively integrated service on Azure. The service can be deployed quickly.
- Multi-protocol support - ANQ supports all standard file system protocols NFS, SMB, FTP, and S3.
- Exabyte scale storage scaling - Each Qumulo instance can be scaled up to exabytes of storage capacity.
- Unified billing - Get a single bill for all resources that you consume on Azure for the Qumulo service.
- Elastic performance - ANQ v2 enables workflows to consume capacity and performance independently of each other. 1 GB/s throughput is included in the base configuration.
- Private access - The service is directly connected to your own virtual network (sometimes called VNet injection).
- Global Namespaces - This capability enables all workloads on Azure Native Qumulo v2 Scalable File Service or on-premises Qumulo instance to be pointed to a single namespace.