Azure security best practices and patterns
This article contains security best practices to use when you're designing, deploying, and managing your cloud solutions by using Azure. These best practices come from our experience with Azure security and the experiences of customers like you.
These best practices are intended to be a resource for IT pros. This might include designers, architects, developers, and testers who build and deploy secure Azure solutions.
- Best practices for protecting secrets
- Azure database security best practices
- Azure data security and encryption best practices
- Azure identity management and access control security best practices
- Azure network security best practices
- Azure operational security best practices
- Azure PaaS Best Practices
- Azure Service Fabric security best practices
- Best practices for Azure VM security
- Implementing a secure hybrid network architecture in Azure
- Internet of Things security best practices
- Securing PaaS databases in Azure
- Securing PaaS web and mobile applications using Azure App Service
- Securing PaaS web and mobile applications using Azure Storage
Microsoft has found that using security benchmarks can help you quickly secure cloud deployments. Benchmark recommendations from your cloud service provider give you a starting point for selecting specific security configuration settings in your environment and allow you to quickly reduce risk to your organization. See the Microsoft cloud security benchmark for a collection of high-impact security recommendations you can use to help secure the services you use in Azure.