Get started with SAP automation framework on Azure
Get started quickly with the SAP on Azure Deployment Automation Framework.
- An Azure subscription. If you don't have an Azure subscription, you can create a free account.
- Ability to download of the SAP software in your Azure environment.
- A Terraform installation. For more information, also see the Terraform on Azure documentation.
- An Azure CLI installation on your local computer.
- A Service Principal to use for the control plane deployment
- Optionally, if you want to use PowerShell:
Some of the prerequisites may already be installed in your deployment environment. Both Cloud Shell and the deployer have Terraform and the Azure CLI installed.
Clone the repository
Clone the repository and prepare the execution environment by using the following steps:
- Create a directory called
Azure_SAP_Automated_Deploymentfor your automation framework deployment.
mkdir ~/Azure_SAP_Automated_Deployment/config; cd $_ git clone https://github.com/Azure/sap-automation-bootstrap.git mkdir ~/Azure_SAP_Automated_Deployment/sap-automation; cd $_ git clone https://github.com/Azure/sap-automation.git mkdir ~/Azure_SAP_Automated_Deployment/samples; cd $_ git clone https://github.com/Azure/sap-automation-samples.git
The deployer already clones the required repositories.
The ~/Azure_SAP_Automated_Deployment/samples folder contains a set of sample configuration files to start testing the deployment automation framework. You can copy them using the following steps.
cd ~/Azure_SAP_Automated_Deployment cp -Rp samples/Terraform/WORKSPACES config/WORKSPACES