As the Azure security engineer, you implement, manage, and monitor security for resources in Azure, multi-cloud, and hybrid environments as part of an end-to-end infrastructure. You recommend security components and configurations to protect the following:
- Identity and access
Your responsibilities as an Azure security engineer include:
- Managing the security posture.
- Identifying and remediating vulnerabilities.
- Performing threat modelling.
- Implementing threat protection.
You may also participate in responding to security incidents. As an Azure security engineer, you work with architects, administrators, and developers to plan and implement solutions that meet security and compliance requirements.
You should have:
- Practical experience in administration of Microsoft Azure and hybrid environments.
- Strong familiarity with compute, network, and storage in Azure and Azure Active Directory (Azure AD), part of Microsoft Entra.
You may be eligible for ACE college credit if you pass this certification exam. See ACE college credit for certification exams for details.
The English language version of this exam was updated on August 23, 2023. Review the study guide linked in the “Tip” box for details about the latest changes. If a localized version of this exam is available, it will be updated approximately eight weeks after this date. While Microsoft makes every effort to update localized versions as noted, there may be times when the localized versions of this exam are not updated on this schedule.
Passing score: 700. Learn more about exam scores.
Part of the requirements for: Microsoft Certified: Azure Security Engineer Associate
Related exams: noneGo to Learn Profile
- The English language version of this exam was updated on August 23, 2023. Review the study guide linked in the preceding “Tip” box for details about the skills measured and latest changes.
- Manage identity and access (25–30%)
- Secure networking (20–25%)
- Secure compute, storage, and databases (20–25%)
- Manage security operations (25–30%)
Two ways to prepare
As the Azure security engineer, you implement, manage, and monitor security for resources in Azure, multi-cloud, and hybrid environments as part of an end-to-end infrastructure.
Explore steps to get certified as an Azure Security Engineer Associate and the resources available to help you prepare.
Explore all certifications in a concise training and certifications guide.
Check out an overview of fundamentals, role-based and specialty certifications.
Boost your odds of success with this great offer.
Get help through Microsoft Certification support forums. A forum moderator will respond in one business day, Monday-Friday.
Review and manage your scheduled appointments, certificates, and transcripts.
Learn more about requesting an accommodation for your exam.
Review the exam policies and frequently asked questions.