As a candidate for this exam, you should have subject matter expertise in designing, creating, and deploying enterprise-scale data analytics solutions.
Your responsibilities for this role include performing advanced data analytics at scale, such as:
- Cleaning and transforming data.
- Designing and building enterprise data models.
- Incorporating advanced analytics capabilities.
- Integrating with IT infrastructure.
- Applying development lifecycle practices.
As a professional in this role, you:
- Help collect enterprise-level requirements for data analytics solutions that include Azure and Power BI.
- Advise on data governance and configuration settings for Power BI administration.
- Monitor data usage.
- Optimize performance of the data analytics solutions.
As an Azure enterprise data analyst, you collaborate with other roles, such as:
- Solution architects
- Data engineers
- Data scientists
- AI engineers
- Database administrators
- Power BI data analysts
As a candidate for this exam, you should have advanced Power BI skills, including managing data repositories and data processing in the cloud and on-premises, along with using Power Query and Data Analysis Expressions (DAX). You should also be proficient in consuming data from Azure Synapse Analytics and should have experience querying relational databases, analyzing data by using Transact-SQL (T-SQL), and visualizing data.
The English language version of this exam was updated on August 24, 2023. Review the study guide linked in the “Tip” box for details about the latest changes. If a localized version of this exam is available, it will be updated approximately eight weeks after this date. While Microsoft makes every effort to update localized versions as noted, there may be times when the localized versions of this exam are not updated on this schedule.
Passing score: 700. Learn more about exam scores.
Part of the requirements for: Microsoft Certified: Azure Enterprise Data Analyst Associate
Related exams: noneGo to Learn Profile
- The English language version of this exam was updated on August 24, 2023. Review the study guide linked in the preceding “Tip” box for details about the skills measured and latest changes.
- Implement and manage a data analytics environment (25–30%)
- Query and transform data (20–25%)
- Implement and manage data models (25–30%)
- Explore and visualize data (20–25%)
Two ways to prepare
As an Azure enterprise data analyst, you perform advanced data analytics at scale, such as cleaning and transforming data, designing and building enterprise data models, incorporating advanced analytics capabilities, integrating with IT infrastructure, and applying development lifecycle practices.
Explore all certifications in a concise training and certifications guide.
Check out an overview of fundamentals, role-based and specialty certifications.
Boost your odds of success with this great offer.
Get help through Microsoft Certification support forums. A forum moderator will respond in one business day, Monday-Friday.
Review and manage your scheduled appointments, certificates, and transcripts.
Learn more about requesting an accommodation for your exam.
Review the exam policies and frequently asked questions.