If you’re an administrator who deploys and manages Microsoft 365 and performs Microsoft 365 tenant-level implementation and administration of cloud and hybrid environments, this exam is designed for you.
As a Microsoft 365 administrator, you:
- Function as the integrating hub for all Microsoft 365 workloads.
- Coordinate across multiple Microsoft 365 workloads.
- Work with architects and other administrators responsible for workloads, infrastructure, identity, security, compliance, endpoints, and applications.
As a candidate for this exam, you have functional experience with all Microsoft 365 workloads and Microsoft Entra ID, and have administered at least one of these. You should also have a working knowledge of the following:
- Server administration
The English language version of this exam was updated on November 1, 2023. Review the study guide linked in the “Tip” box for details about the latest changes. If a localized version of this exam is available, it will be updated approximately eight weeks after this date. While Microsoft makes every effort to update localized versions as noted, there may be times when the localized versions of this exam are not updated on this schedule.
Passing score: 700. Learn more about exam scores.
Part of the requirements for: Microsoft 365 Certified: Administrator Expert
Related exams: noneGo to Learn Profile
- The English language version of this exam was updated on November 1, 2023. Review the study guide linked in the preceding “Tip” box for details about the skills measured and latest changes.
- Deploy and manage a Microsoft 365 tenant (25–30%)
- Implement and manage identity and access in Microsoft Entra ID (25–30%)
- Manage security and threats by using Microsoft 365 Defender (25–30%)
- Manage compliance by using Microsoft Purview (15–20%)
Two ways to prepare
If you’re an administrator who deploys and manages Microsoft 365 and performs Microsoft 365 tenant-level implementation and administration of cloud and hybrid environments, this certification is designed for you.
Explore all certifications in a concise training and certifications guide.
Check out an overview of fundamentals, role-based and specialty certifications.
Boost your odds of success with this great offer.
Get help through Microsoft Certification support forums. A forum moderator will respond in one business day, Monday-Friday.
Review and manage your scheduled appointments, certificates, and transcripts.
Learn more about requesting an accommodation for your exam.
Review the exam policies and frequently asked questions.