As a Microsoft security operations analyst, you reduce organizational risk by:
- Rapidly remediating active attacks in the environment.
- Advising on improvements to threat protection practices.
- Referring violations of organizational policies to appropriate stakeholders.
- Incident response.
- Vulnerability management.
- Threat hunting.
- Cyber threat intelligence analysis.
As a Microsoft security operations analyst, you monitor, identify, investigate, and respond to threats in multicloud environments by using:
- Microsoft Sentinel
- Microsoft Defender for Cloud
- Microsoft 365 Defender
- Third-party security solutions
In this role, you collaborate with business stakeholders, architects, identity administrators, Azure administrators, and endpoint administrators to secure IT systems for the organization.
As a candidate, you should be familiar with:
- Microsoft 365
- Azure cloud services
- Windows and Linux operating systems
You may be eligible for ACE college credit if you pass this certification exam. See ACE college credit for certification exams for details.
The English language version of this exam was updated on November 3, 2023. Review the study guide linked in the “Tip” box for details about the latest changes. If a localized version of this exam is available, it will be updated approximately eight weeks after this date. While Microsoft makes every effort to update localized versions as noted, there may be times when the localized versions of this exam are not updated on this schedule.
Passing score: 700. Learn more about exam scores.
Part of the requirements for: Microsoft Certified: Security Operations Analyst Associate
Related exams: noneGo to Learn Profile
- The English language version of this exam was updated on November 3, 2023. Review the study guide linked in the preceding “Tip” box for details about the skills measured and latest changes.
- Mitigate threats by using Microsoft 365 Defender (25–30%)
- Mitigate threats by using Defender for Cloud (15–20%)
- Mitigate threats by using Microsoft Sentinel (50–55%)
Two ways to prepare
As a Microsoft security operations analyst, you monitor, identify, investigate, and respond to threats in multicloud environments by using Microsoft Sentinel, Microsoft Defender for Cloud, Microsoft 365 Defender, and third-party security solutions.
Explore all certifications in a concise training and certifications guide.
Check out an overview including fundamentals, role-based and specialty certifications for Dynamics 365 and Power Platform.
Boost your odds of success with this great offer.
Get help through Microsoft Certification support forums. A forum moderator will respond in one business day, Monday-Friday.
Review and manage your scheduled appointments, certificates, and transcripts.
Learn more about requesting an accommodation for your exam.
Review the exam policies and frequently asked questions.