Service Pack, Hotfix, and Compliance Update Patch Releases for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015
This page contains a list of all service pack, hotfix, and compliance update patch releases for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015.
Mainstream Support for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015 will end on 4/14/2020 which means at that
point in time, you will no longer receive tax and year end updates.
Visit this page for more information.
Patch file releases for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015 can include service packs, hotfixes, tax updates and year end update.
- Service Pack - Service packs are released on a 6 month basis and provide fixes to problem reports across several modules per Microsoft Dynamics GP Product Lifecycle policy.
- Hotfix - Hotfixes release approximately once a month and include only a few fixes for a limited number of modules. If you are using Latin American localization products for Argentina, Chile, or the Andean region, consult your Microsoft Dynamics Partner or Microsoft Support before installing any hotfix.
- Compliance Update - Compliance updates provide changes for year end reporting such as W2's, Magnetic Media and 1099's and also payroll tax updates.
All service packs, hotfixes, tax updates and year end updates are cumulative and the version information is incremented with each patch release.
If you have a multi-lingual environment with English client installations and translated client installations, all Microsoft Dynamics GP clients MUST be running at the same Dynamics.dic version. If the client installation does not have the matching .MSP file installed, Microsoft Dynamics GP will not launch.
It is recommended to have a working backup of the the following items before applying any patch file:
- DYNAMICS database
- All company databases
- Reports.dic - export the reports through Customization Maintenance (Tools | Customize | Customization Maintenance)
- Forms.dic - export the forms through Customization Maintenance (Tools | Customize | Customization Maintenance)
- eConnect PRE and POST Procedures if customized
NOTE: The Reports.dic and the Forms.dic may be located on the server or each workstation. If located at each workstation, make sure to backup the dictionaries at all workstations.
If you have Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015 already installed, use the steps below:
- Download the latest patch release and installation guide below.
- At the Microsoft SQL Server, double-click the patch file and the install will be silent and only show a progress window.
- At the Microsoft SQL Server, launch Microsoft Dynamics GP Utilities and update the DYNAMICS database and all company databases.
- Once the databases are updated at the server, update the modified forms and reports at the Additional Tasks window. Refer to the installation guide for the steps to update.
- Install the patch file at all client workstations. The patch file can be published using Automatic Client Updates. Once a user logs in, they will be automatically prompted to install the patch. Refer to Chapter 5 in the SystemAdminGuide.pdf on the Release 2015 DVD under Documentation.
If you are updating to Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015, the latest patch must be installed prior to launching Utilities. Refer to the steps below:
- Install Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015 including the Microsoft Dynamics GP features you use.
- At the end of the Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015 installation, click Finish in the Installation Complete window.
- Install the latest Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015 patch.
- Convert your databases using Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015 Utilities.
- Update all modified reports and forms dictionaries.
***Find out how you can troubleshoot issues with File Exchange/Downloads***
Current Release Downloads
|2019 Canadian Payroll Year-end / 2020 Tax Tables - English Round 2 MicrosoftDynamicsGP14-KB4536492-ENU.msp File Size: 180MB Release Date: 1/15/2020 Version: 14.00.1230||Fix List Previous Patch Releases|
|2019 U.S. Year-end Update - Spanish MicrosoftDynamicsGP14-KB4528416-ESLA.msp File Size: 180MB Release Date: 11/25/2019 Version: 14.00.1230|
|2019 Canadian Payroll Year-end & 2020 Tax Tables - French Round 2 MicrosoftDynamicsGP14-KB4536493-FRCA.msp File Size: 179MB Release Date: 1/22/2020 Version: 14.00.1230|
|Microsoft Dynamics GP OLE Object Migration Utility|
|**This tool is provided for your convenience to assist in transferring OLE Notes over to Document Attach. Circumstances may be encountered in which this tool may not be able to convert all of your OLE Notes. In these scenarios, the notes that do not convert, will need to be manually attached in Document Attach. This utility supports Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015 RTM or later.||OLENotesMigrationUtility.pdf|
- If you are prompted to restart your machine during the patch installation, please restart. After the restart, run the patch again to finish the installation.
- Complete list of version information for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015.
- If you have SBA installed Service Based Architecture, you will receive a message to uninstall it. Then you can apply the January Hotfix and then install SBA again.
We recommend that you contact your Microsoft Dynamics Partner before installing service packs or hot fixes. It is important to verify that your environment is compatible with the service pack(s) or hotfix(es) being installed. A service pack or hot fix may cause interoperability issues with customizations, and third-party products that work with your Microsoft Dynamics solution.
- If you are currently running a previous release of Microsoft Dynamics GP and plan to update to Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015, Visit this page to review the Upgrade Hot Topic.
- Refer to the Knowledge Base Articles below regarding .MSP patch files.
- Frequently asked questions about Windows Installer .MSP files for
Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Error message when you try to install a service pack for Microsoft
Dynamics GP: "The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows
- Error message when you start Microsoft Dynamics GP on a client
workstation: "A product on the computer is on a different version
than the database version"
- Error message when you start Microsoft Dynamics GP: "Your login has been removed from the user activity file and you cannot be in the accounting system"
- Service Packs and Hotfixes for eConnect
- Concur Expense Integrator for Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Dexterity Development System Releases for Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Dexterity Samples for Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Historical Inventory Trial Balance Inventory Reset Tool for Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Microsoft Management Reporter Installs & Service Packs
- Product Release Downloads for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015
- Service Packs & Hotfixes for Business Analyzer
- Service Packs & Hotfixes for Integration Manager
- Service Packs & Hotfixes for Web Client
- Service Packs & Hotfixes for Web Services
- Web Services Samples for Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Word Template Generator for Microsoft Dynamics GP
For technical support questions, contact your partner or direct your questions to the Support for Business hub: https://serviceshub.microsoft.com/supportforbusiness/create
CustomerSource Help and How-To Resources
To access the downloadable material within this content as previously found on CustomerSource, users will need to have the same customer account access. Click here to view more information.