Service Pack, Hotfix, and Compliance Update Patch Releases for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016
This page contains a list of all service pack, hotfix, and compliance update patch releases for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016.
NOTICE Mainstream Support for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016 will end on 7/13/2021 which means at that point in time, you will no longer receive tax and year end updates. Visit this page for more information.
Patch file releases for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016 can include service packs, hotfixes, tax updates and year end update.
Hotfix - Hotfixes release approximately once a month and include only a few fixes for a limited number of modules. If you are using Latin American localization products for Argentina, Chile, or the Andean region, consult your Microsoft Dynamics Partner or Microsoft Support before installing any hotfix.
Compliance Update - Compliance updates provide changes for year end reporting such as W2's, Magnetic Media and 1099's and also payroll tax updates.
All msp files (hotfixes, tax updates and year end updates) are cumulative and the version information is incremented with each patch release.
If you have a multi-lingual environment with English client installations and translated client installations, all Microsoft Dynamics GP clients MUST be running at the same Dynamics.dic version. If the client installation does not have the matching .MSP file installed, Microsoft Dynamics GP will not launch.
It is recommended to have a working backup of the the following items before applying any patch file:
- DYNAMICS database
- All company databases
- Reports.dic - export the reports through Customization Maintenance (Tools | Customize | Customization Maintenance)
- Forms.dic - export the forms through Customization Maintenance (Tools | Customize | Customization Maintenance)
- eConnect PRE and POST Procedures if customized
NOTE: The Reports.dic and the Forms.dic may be located on the server or each workstation. If located at each workstation, make sure to backup the dictionaries at all workstations.
If you have Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016 already installed, use the steps below:
- Download the latest patch release and installation guide below.
- At the Microsoft SQL Server, double-click the patch file and the install will be silent and only show a progress window.
- At the Microsoft SQL Server, launch Microsoft Dynamics GP Utilities and update the DYNAMICS database and all company databases.
- Once the databases are updated at the server, update the modified forms and reports at the Additional Tasks window. Refer to the installation guide for the steps to update.
- Install the patch file at all client workstations. The patch file can be published using Automatic Client Updates. Once a user logs in, they will be automatically prompted to install the patch. Refer to Chapter 5 in the SystemAdminGuide.pdf on the Release 2016 DVD under Documentation.
If you are updating to Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016, the latest patch must be installed prior to launching Utilities. Refer to the steps below:
- Install Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016 including the Microsoft Dynamics GP features you use.
- At the end of the Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016 installation, click Finish in the Installation Complete window.
- Install the latest Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016 patch.
- Convert your databases using Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016 Utilities.
- Update all modified reports and forms dictionaries.
Current Release Downloads
|2021 Mid-Year - English
File Size: 177 MB
Release Date: 6/9/2021
Previous Patch Release
|2021 Mid-Year - Spanish
File Size: 174 MB
Release Date: 6/9/2021
|2021 Mid-Year - French
File Size: 194 MB
Release Date: 6/9/2021
- IMPORTANT:If you are prompted to restart your machine during the patch installation, please restart. After the restart, run the patch again to finish the installation.
- To view a complete list of version information for all Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016 Features.
We recommend that you contact your Microsoft Dynamics Partner before installing service packs or hot fixes. It is important to verify that your environment is compatible with the service pack(s) or hotfix(es) being installed. A service pack or hot fix may cause interoperability issues with customizations, and third-party products that work with your Microsoft Dynamics solution.
If you are currently running a previous release of Microsoft Dynamics GP and plan to update to Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016, review the Upgrade Hot Topic.
Refer to the Knowledge Base Articles below regarding .MSP patch files.
912997 - Frequently asked questions about Windows Installer .MSP files for Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Service Packs and Hotfixes for Integration Manager for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016
- Service Packs and Hotfixes for eConnect
- Service Packs and Hotfixes for Business Analyzer
- Concur Expense Integrator for Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Dexterity Developement System Releases for Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Dexterity Samples for Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Historical Inventory Trial Balance Inventory Reset Tool for Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Product Release Downloads forMicrosoft Dynamics GP 2016
- Visual Studio Tools Samples for Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Web Services Samples for Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Word Template Generator for Microsoft Dynamics GP
If you are experiencing issues downloading the install file or documentation, please contact ITMBSSUP@microsoft.com.