Overview of Dynamics 365 Commerce 2020 release wave 2
This content is archived and is not being updated. For the latest documentation, see Microsoft Dynamics 365 product documentation. For the latest release plans, see Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform release plans.
Some of the functionality described in this release plan has not been released. Delivery timelines may change and projected functionality may not be released (see Microsoft policy). Learn more: What's new and planned
Dynamics 365 Commerce delivers a comprehensive omnichannel solution that unifies back-office, in-store, call center, and digital commerce experiences to provide a delightful shopping journey for consumers across the different retail touchpoints. Dynamics 365 Commerce enables you to deliver better business outcomes by:
- Building brand loyalty through personalized customer engagements.
- Increasing revenue with improved employee productivity and support for emerging retail channels.
- Optimizing operations to reduce costs.
- Driving supply chain efficiencies.
The investments in this release further empower retailers to be highly productive in their tasks by helping them to know and better serve their customers, and to efficiently run operations across the value chain.
- Improved WYSIWYG authoring to enable non-developers to easily design and manage digital commerce web pages.
- New experimentation capabilities enable easy-to-configure A/B testing, showing relevant experiences to customers and to drive increased conversion rates.
- Track abandoned carts to perform analysis and to send notifications to customers to maximize revenue.
- Accept payments via PayPal with a new out-of-the-box integration.
- Improve product discovery online and in the store with Bing for Commerce intelligent and personalized search capabilities.
- Create additional lift online and in the store with the ability to “shop similar looks”—a new intelligent capability that uses a product image to automatically discover and recommend other similar products.
- Enable customers to do more with the platform with third-party services, connectors, modules, and themes.
- Easily discover these new capabilities in Microsoft AppSource where you can purchase and deploy them for configuration and use in your Dynamics 365 Commerce environment.